The University of Kentucky men’s basketball team has had a great season, dare we say cinematic?
Seriously, think of the storylines that could play out on the big screen:
- John Calipari in Memphis, deciding whether to take the job.
- The comeback story of the Cats, after having to settle for an NIT bid in 2009-2010.
- Recruiting John Wall and Demarcus Cousins to join the team.
- Wall’s meteoric rise to superstar.
- Calipari struggling to tame Cousins’ temper, and combating the refs who’ve made up their minds about him.
- All the high points: The visits by LeBron, Magic and, of course, Ashley. ESPN Gameday and a march to the … the … Well, we don’t know where the story ends yet. But, at Weekender Central, we’ve been kicking around some ideas of how to cast a movie about UK’s magnificent season.
Alec Baldwin as Calipari? We’re kind of liking it, but there have to be other ideas. How about Wall and Cousins – who could step into their Nikes? And Ms. Judd – does she play herself? We’re thinking maybe newly ordained best actress Sandra Bullock. After all, sports movies have been very, very good to her, lately.
Well we want your ideas for the UK movie cast. Here are the roles we want to fill:
Are there other characters we should include? Either comment here or send me an e-mail at email@example.com, and have fun with it.