Slide show: SummerFest’s The Merchant of Venice
SummerFest is back, starting tonight with Ave Lawyer’s production of William Shakespeare’s The Merchant of Venice. It’s a modern-dress rendition of the story with a hip hop soundtrack and Shylock running his business dealings off of a laptop.
Here’s a quick checklist before you go to the park:
This is Copious Notes’ 1,800th post.
- A chair or blanket, depending on how you prefer to sit
- Food and drink to make a picnic of it
- Bug spray – trust me, I was out there Tuesday night
- A lantern or flashlight, at the very least, for making sure you get everything when you leave
- A blanket or sweater – it may not be necessary this week, but some nights, it can get chilly in the Arboretum
One Response to “Slide show: SummerFest’s The Merchant of Venice”
[...] Copious Notes » Blog Archive » Slide show: SummerFest’s The Merchant of Venice copiousnotes.bloginky.com/2010/07/07/slide-show-summerfests-the-merchant-of-venice/ – view page – cached Filed under: SummerFest, Theater, slide shows; Tagged as: Adam Luckey, Ave Lawyer, Bob Singleton, Lisa Thomas, Merchant of Venice, SummerFest Tweets about this link [...]
About Rich Copley & Copious Notes
Raised by opera-loving parents in a rock ’n’ roll world, Rich Copley has parlayed his broad interests into his career writing about arts and entertainment. Since 1998, he has covered performing arts, film and faith-based popular culture for the Lexington Herald-Leader, the daily newspaper in Lexington, Ky. MORE | E-mail Rich