SummerFest is back, starting tonight with Ave Lawyer’s production of William Shakespeare’s The Merchant of Venice. It’s a modern-dress rendition of the story with a hip hop soundtrack and Shylock running his business dealings off of a laptop.
Here’s a quick checklist before you go to the park:
- A chair or blanket, depending on how you prefer to sit
- Food and drink to make a picnic of it
- Bug spray – trust me, I was out there Tuesday night
- A lantern or flashlight, at the very least, for making sure you get everything when you leave
- A blanket or sweater – it may not be necessary this week, but some nights, it can get chilly in the Arboretum